Epson ET-5170 Troubleshooting
Epson ET 5170 printer delivers high-quality prints without any hassle. However, sometimes you might experience some problems with the ET printer. In such a situation, you don’t have to worry. We are explaining how to solve certain common Epson ET 5170 printer problems.
Epson ET-5170 Won’t connect to wifi
If the Epson ET 5170 printer won’t connect to wifi network, then solve this issue with the instructions listed below:
- Power up the desired computer and confirm it has stable Wi-Fi.
- Then, save the essential “Driver Fix” software on the desired computer.
- Extract the downloaded software RAR file and carry on with the wizard steps.
- Complete the software setup process and access the Driver Fix software.
- After that, wait for the downloaded software to detect the defective drivers.
- Now, select the printer problem that you are facing.
- Wait for the app to properly download the upgraded version Epson printer driver.
- When you get the upgraded driver on the device, set it up using the wizard steps.
- Next, restart the desired computer so that the changes will start functioning.
- Then, press the Windows and R keys and a search bar will appear.
- Enter “control” on the given search bar and access the control panel section.
- Click – Hardware and Sound & select- Devices and Printers.
- When the Epson ET 5170 printer name displays on the screen, right-click on it.
- Go to the ports tab and confirm that the device has a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Clear the cache and reset your Epson ET 5170 printer.
- Finally, remove the Epson printer from your device and reinstall it.
If you require more info about it, contact our customer support team.
Why Epson ET-5170 show offline and how to solve it?
If the Epson ET 5170 printer shows offline, then convert it into online with the given below procedure:
- Make sure that the power cable and Epson ET 5170 printer are faultless.
- Go to the computer, which is in connection with the Epson printer.
- Move on to the computer control panel and click- Devices and Printers.
- Select your Epson ET 5170 printer and the “Printer in Question” icon appears.
- Right-click on the icon- “Printer in Question” and select- See what’s printing.
- Now, access the printer folder and choose the shown drop-down menu.
- Choose the button – Use Printer Online and delete the Epson ET 5170 driver from the device.
- Find the updated version Epson ET 5170 driver and save its setup file on the device.
- Access the setup file and run it on the computer.
- Carry on with the procedure displayed on the screen.
- Finish the ET driver setup and remove the Epson ET 5170 printer from the device.
- Add the Epson printer again to the computer as per the wizard instructions.
- Finally, check if the Epson ET 5170 printer has become online.
Still, if the Epson ET-5170 printer is offline, call our tech support team.
Epson ET-5170 Won’t Print black
If the Epson ET 5170 printer fails to deliver black prints, then fix the issue using the below instructions:
- Switch off the Epson ET 5170 printer.
- Unplug the USB cord from the device and Epson ET 5170 printer.
- Now, check and ensure that the printer paper tray has no issue.
- Confirm that the set of sheets in the printer tray is suitable.
- Now, plug in the power cable to the Epson ET printer and computer.
- ON the Epson ET 5170 printer and wait for the printer to activate.
- Go to the settings section and click- Print a test page.
- A popup will be on the device screen.
- Make essential changes in the paper settings as per your requirements.
- Choose- Print a test page and ensure the Epson ET 5170 printer delivers black prints.
If the Epson ET 5170 printer still shows the same problem, contact our experts.
Epson ET-5170 not Printing Color
If the Epson ET 5170 fails to deliver color prints, use the instructions listed below and fix it:
- Confirm that the paper type field in the settings section meets the printer requirements.
- Confirm that the Epson ET 5170 printer is not set only for Black/Grayscale.
- Run the nozzle check in the ET 5170 printer and make sure to have no clogged nozzles in the Epson printer print head.
- If any clogged nozzles in the Epson ET 5170 print head, then clean the print head.
- Check and ensure that the ink cartridges in the printer have an accurate ink level.
- If the ink cartridges or ink level have any problems, take out them from the ET printer.
- Insert the new and proper ink cartridges into the Epson ET printer cartridge slots.
- Finally, fill the ET printer paper tray with compatible papers and take a color print.
If the Epson ET 5170 printer is still not delivering color prints, then call our experts.
Epson ET-5170 Printing and Copying Problem
If the Epson ET 5170 printer has a copying and printing problem, then use the instructions given below and fix it:
- Deactivate the Epson ET 5170 printer.
- Check and confirm that the cables are properly connected to the printer.
- Now, check the electric outlet and confirm it is accurate.
- Go to the computer and remove the Epson ET 5170 driver.
- Find the Epson ET 5170 driver and save its installation file on the device.
- Run the setup file and continue with the wizard instructions.
- Set up the printer driver and move on to the “msc” section.
- Click- Print Spooler and Set – Automatic as your Start type.
- Finally, cancel the print jobs.
Call our tech team if still, the Epson ET 5170 printer shows printing and copying issues.
Epson ET-5170 Paper Feeding Problem
If you experience the paper feeding problem with Epson ET 5170 printer, then solve it with the instructions below:
- Open the Epson ET 5170 printer paper tray and get the sheets from it.
- Then, clean the paper tray
- Now, ensure that the Epson ET 5170 printer is free from jammed papers.
- If you see paper jams in the Epson ET 5170 printer, remove them.
- Now, take suitable sheets and make sure they are faultless.
- Check the quantity and quality of the papers & ensure it meets the Epson printer standards.
- Place the sheets properly in the Epson ET 5170 printer paper tray.
- Try printing with an Epson printer to confirm the paper feeding problem is clearly resolved.
Contact our technical experts for more information.