Epson ET-5170 Troubleshooting
Epson ET 5170 printer delivers high-quality prints without any hassle. However, sometimes you might experience some problems with the ET printer. In such a situation, you don’t have to worry. We are explaining how to solve certain common Epson ET 5170 printer problems.
Epson ET-5170 Won’t connect to wifi
If the Epson ET 5170 printer won’t connect to wifi network, then solve this issue with the instructions listed below:
- Power up the desired computer and confirm it has stable Wi-Fi.
- Then, save the essential “Driver Fix” software on the desired computer.
- Extract the downloaded software RAR file and carry on with the wizard steps.
- Complete the software setup process and access the Driver Fix software.
- After that, wait for the downloaded software to detect the defective drivers.
- Now, select the printer problem that you are facing.
- Wait for the app to properly download the upgraded version Epson printer driver.
- When you get the upgraded driver on the device, set it up using the wizard steps.
- Next, restart the desired computer so that the changes will start functioning.
- Then, press the Windows and R keys and a search bar will appear.
- Enter “control” on the given search bar and access the control panel section.
- Click – Hardware and Sound & select- Devices and Printers.
- When the Epson ET 5170 printer name displays on the screen, right-click on it.
- Go to the ports tab and confirm that the device has a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Clear the cache and reset your Epson ET 5170 printer.
- Finally, remove the Epson printer from your device and reinstall it.
If you require more info about it, contact our customer support team.
Why Epson ET-5170 show offline and how to solve it?
If the Epson ET 5170 printer shows offline, then convert it into online with the given below procedure:
- Make sure that the power cable and Epson ET 5170 printer are faultless.
- Go to the computer, which is in connection with the Epson printer.
- Move on to the computer control panel and click- Devices and Printers.
- Select your Epson ET 5170 printer and the “Printer in Question” icon appears.
- Right-click on the icon- “Printer in Question” and select- See what’s printing.
- Now, access the printer folder and choose the shown drop-down menu.
- Choose the button – Use Printer Online and delete the Epson ET 5170 driver from the device.
- Find the updated version Epson ET 5170 driver and save its setup file on the device.
- Access the setup file and run it on the computer.
- Carry on with the procedure displayed on the screen.
- Finish the ET driver setup and remove the Epson ET 5170 printer from the device.
- Add the Epson printer again to the computer as per the wizard instructions.
- Finally, check if the Epson ET 5170 printer has become online.
Still, if the Epson ET-5170 printer is offline, call our tech support team.
Epson ET-5170 Won’t Print black
If the Epson ET 5170 printer fails to deliver black prints, then fix the issue using the below instructions:
- Switch off the Epson ET 5170 printer.
- Unplug the USB cord from the device and Epson ET 5170 printer.
- Now, check and ensure that the printer paper tray has no issue.
- Confirm that the set of sheets in the printer tray is suitable.
- Now, plug in the power cable to the Epson ET printer and computer.
- ON the Epson ET 5170 printer and wait for the printer to activate.
- Go to the settings section and click- Print a test page.
- A popup will be on the device screen.
- Make essential changes in the paper settings as per your requirements.
- Choose- Print a test page and ensure the Epson ET 5170 printer delivers black prints.
If the Epson ET 5170 printer still shows the same problem, contact our experts.
Epson ET-5170 not Printing Color
If the Epson ET 5170 fails to deliver color prints, use the instructions listed below and fix it:
- Confirm that the paper type field in the settings section meets the printer requirements.
- Confirm that the Epson ET 5170 printer is not set only for Black/Grayscale.
- Run the nozzle check in the ET 5170 printer and make sure to have no clogged nozzles in the Epson printer print head.
- If any clogged nozzles in the Epson ET 5170 print head, then clean the print head.
- Check and ensure that the ink cartridges in the printer have an accurate ink level.
- If the ink cartridges or ink level have any problems, take out them from the ET printer.
- Insert the new and proper ink cartridges into the Epson ET printer cartridge slots.
- Finally, fill the ET printer paper tray with compatible papers and take a color print.
If the Epson ET 5170 printer is still not delivering color prints, then call our experts.
Get in touch with the Customer Support team to assist in the complete setup of the EPSON printer.
Epson ET-5170 Printing and Copying Problem
If the Epson ET 5170 printer has a copying and printing problem, then use the instructions given below and fix it:
- Deactivate the Epson ET 5170 printer.
- Check and confirm that the cables are properly connected to the printer.
- Now, check the electric outlet and confirm it is accurate.
- Go to the computer and remove the Epson ET 5170 driver.
- Find the Epson ET 5170 driver and save its installation file on the device.
- Run the setup file and continue with the wizard instructions.
- Set up the printer driver and move on to the “msc” section.
- Click- Print Spooler and Set – Automatic as your Start type.
- Finally, cancel the print jobs.
Call our tech team if still, the Epson ET 5170 printer shows printing and copying issues.
Epson ET-5170 Paper Feeding Problem
If you experience the paper feeding problem with Epson ET 5170 printer, then solve it with the instructions below:
- Open the Epson ET 5170 printer paper tray and get the sheets from it.
- Then, clean the paper tray
- Now, ensure that the Epson ET 5170 printer is free from jammed papers.
- If you see paper jams in the Epson ET 5170 printer, remove them.
- Now, take suitable sheets and make sure they are faultless.
- Check the quantity and quality of the papers & ensure it meets the Epson printer standards.
- Place the sheets properly in the Epson ET 5170 printer paper tray.
- Try printing with an Epson printer to confirm the paper feeding problem is clearly resolved.
Contact our technical experts for more information.