Epson Workforce ST-4000 Troubleshooting
Epson Workforce is the super tank Multi-function printer, which consists of n-number of features excluding print. So, you need to maintain the printer and other printer-related devices from errors. If at all the errors are noticed on the printer control panel, select the troubleshoot page on the Official Epson website and clarify your printer-related queries and problems with the Technicians.
Epson Workforce ST-4000 Won’t connect Wi-Fi
- Check the Wi-Fi-related credentials like WEP Key or WPA passphrase and inspect the Wi-Fi strength.
- Start the diagnose process on the Epson Workforce ST-4000 printer by ensuring network stability and access.
- Prefer the problem-free connection with stable Wi-Fi light on the wireless printer.
- Always try to modify the settings if it is network printing type. In case the driver seems unavailable, try to replace it by installing the new version.
- Ensure with the updated version driver OS or else use the Epson Workforce ST-4000 printer setup utility.
- Disable the printer setup connections from the printer backside to the socket and plug again using the stable Wi-Fi connection.
- If the printer remains the problem same, reinstall the Epson WorkForce ST-4000 Driver.
Why does Epson Workforce ST-4000 show offline and how to solve it?
- Once you get notified with the Offline error on the printer display, just check the connecting cables are intact.
- Bring the respective printer to default type using the default printer option. Look at the Workforce ST-4000 printer for the Offline mode.
- Check the printer driver preferences and download the updated version software.
- Further, tap the Reboot option. Work using the local administrator account on the connected system and choose the devices and printers option with the help of the search tab.
- To check the printer status, right-click the Epson Workforce ST-4000 printer using the printer name list. And check See what the printing option is.
- Click on the printer name and enable the online mode by ticking near to the option.
Epson Workforce ST-4000 Won’t print black
- If you undergo the black won’t print issue, select the black color settings instead of the color option.
- If required, update the driver file with the new version of the software. Browse via the Epson Official page to get the required driver file for Epson Workforce ST-4000.
- Meanwhile, check the ink cartridge and other input tray needs.
- If possible look at the print head by taking it out and removing the visible clogs.
- Receive the new Workforce ST-4000 ink cartridge which comes with the white label on the top head cover.
- In case the paper carriage tray is available with torn or any crushed paper, try to remove them immediately.
Epson Workforce ST-4000 not printing color
- Use the Official page and check the printer specifications for color print concerning the printer model.
- If it is available with the color print option, proceed with further requirements like paper-type settings.
- See whether the black color is enabled, select the black/Grayscale or Grayscale option to disable the settings.
- Inspect the print nozzle and clear all the clogs present on it.
- Clean and clear the printer carriage area and maintain dust-free always.
- Try to focus on ink requirements like refill and replacement.
Epson Workforce ST-4000 Printing and Coping Problem
- Select the copy option from the home page settings by using the Up-arrow. Then, continue using with ok option.
- Alter the copy settings option and do the required changes in the settings to alter the layout.
- Choose whether to use the borderless or border layout to the document fit.
- Prefer the document size that fits the printer paper specifications.
- On the other hand, check the ink cartridges and print head of the Printer. Always buy the Epson Workforce ST-4000-quality ink cartridges to escape from the troubleshooting.
Epson Workforce ST-4000 Paper Feeding Problem
- To start, switch off the Epson Workforce ST-4000 printer and trash the jammed paper from the carriage area by holding the paper button.
- Check the print head for any blockage and remove them without delay.
- Always remove the additional paper from the input tray after the printing process.
- Try to hold the paper button to stop the print work and clean the printer components.
- Power-cycle the entire printer setup.
- To work better, unplug and plug in the printer setup.