The Epson XP 5100 printer is considered to be a small-in-one printer, perfect for the home and small offices. This printer comes with all the basic features to take care of the basics of printing. It allows you to print, copy, scan and fax files with ease. The Epson XP 5100 printer represents quality. Although a small printer, it comes with larger features. The 2 sided printing feature stands for efficiency, then the speed at which it prints makes a productive one and the high tech display makes it innovative.
The Epson printer comes with an easy setup option where the physical setup will be followed by the installation of the Epson XP 5100 printer software.
Epson XP-5100 First Time Printer Setup
With the brand new Epson XP 5100 printer arrived, it has to be set up to begin using it.
- First, you will have to open up the box and remove all the protective material.
- Place the Epson XP 5100 printer on a safe surface and remove the power cord.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the printer and the other to the power supply.
- Fit in the cartridges into the designated place.
- Place a fresh ream of high-quality paper into the paper tray.
With this, you will have to move on to the next process and install the Epson XP 5100 printer driver.
Epson XP-5100 Driver Download
After the initial setup is complete, you should download and install the Epson XP 5100 printer driver. All that is needed to be done is to go over to the official website, download the driver and set it up. Details of the printer should be shared and the right operating system should be chosen. Following this, the on-screen instructions should be followed.
Epson XP-5100 driver- Windows
Follow the instructions below for the installation of the Epson XP 5100 printer driver.
- Power up the windows device and the Epson XP 5100 printer. Ensure there is an active wireless connection.
- Move over to the windows device and enter the Epson Support website details www.epson.ca/support/xp5100.
- Key in the credentials of the Epson printer such as the name – Epson XP 5100 and the operating system, Windows OS.
- After this, a list of drivers will appear. Choose the right one and download.
- Run the file and install it. Follow all the instructions.
- Then a prompt will require you to connect to a wireless network.
- Key in the WiFi credentials and proceed to complete the installation of the Epson XP 5100 printer software.
Epson XP 5100 Driver Installation for Mac
Here are the steps to complete the download and the installation for the Epson XP 5100 printer on a Mac device.
- Power up the Mac device and the Epson XP 5100 printer.
- Ensure there is an active wireless network connection.
- Now, on the Mac device open the Epson page.
- Here you will have to share details of the printer and the operating system. The details are Epson XP 5100 and Mac OS.
- Download the right driver and install it.
- Follow the instructions and now connect the Epson XP 5100 to the wireless network.
- Key in the credentials and a few seconds the connection will be established.
Epson XP-5100 Wireless Setup
The printer always needs the wired or wireless connection method to connect with the computer or laptop. We are here to guide you with the printer connection setup.
Connect Epson XP 5100 Printer to Wi-Fi
Here are the steps to assist you in the process of connecting the Epson XP 5100 printer to the WiFi
- Turn on the Epson XP 5100 printer. To complete this, you will need to have an active connection.
- Make sure the wireless network credentials are available.
- On the Epson XP 5100 printer’s control panel click on the wireless network.
- Choose the WiFi icon after clicking the home button.
- Follow the instructions on the Wireless Setup Wizards.
- A list of all the available Wi-Fi connections will show up. Key in the details and the connection will be complete in a few seconds.
- Still the printer shows offline, follow the Epson XP-5100 troubleshooting steps
Connect Epson XP 5100 Printer to Router
We have chosen the easiest way in which the Epson XP 5100 printer can be connected to a network connection.
- We will be using the WPS push button method. Locate the WPS button on the printer.
- Ensure that the wireless connection is stable and active.
- On the router locate the WPS button.
- Ensure that this process is done when the printer and the router are close together.
- Press the WPS buttons at the same time.
- The Epson XP 5100 printer will flicker a light.
- Within a few seconds, the connection will be established.
Epson XP 5100 Connect Printer setup Utility
You have the option of downloading the Epson XP 5100 printer drivers based on need. Either you can download the all-in-one driver or you can download the scan or fax utility. The instructions have been added below for the download of the installation of Scan Utility and Fax Utility.
Epson XP 5100 Scan Utility
- Turn on the device and the Epson XP 5100 printer.
- Move over to the device and open the Epson support website www.epson.ca/support You will have to download Scan Utility
- Enter details of the printer such as the name – Epson XP 5100 and the operating system – Windows OS or Mac OS.
- A list will appear, choose scan utility. Download and install it. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the steps.
- Open the Scan utility and choose Scan from the tab.
Epson XP 5100 Fax Utility
- On your device, visit the Epson website – www.epson.com/support/xp5100 to download the fax utility.
- Key in details such as the printer name – Epson XP 5100 and the operating system.
- Download the file. Run the file and begin to install it.
- Follow all the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Then, open the driver and in the utility tab choose Fax.
- This will begin the fax process.
Epson Event Manager Software XP 5100
The Epson event manager software is used to make the process of scanning documents easy. All that needs to be done is to have it downloaded on the device. With the Epson Event Manager tasks can be performed with just one click. If you wish to put the full capacity of the Epson printer to use, then it is recommended that the Epson Event Manager Software XP 5100 be used. To make it simple, this will help you perform scan action directly.
How do I install Epson Event Manager Software XP 5100
- First, you will have to download the Epson Event Manager Software XP 5100. For this, open the Epson website and download it.
- Run the file, complete the installation and proceed.
- To begin using it, the device has to be restarted.
- Open event manager which can be found on the device program option.
- Choose Scan and then close it.
- Now, move over to the control panel and select Devices and Printers, then properties and then events.
- Following this, click in the scan, choose Event and apply.