Here is an Epson printer specifically designed to bring a blast of vibrant colors in the print outputs. This is a printer that comes with all the features but it is also referred to as a small-in-one printer. The prints are borderless and match the accuracy of the colors on the screen. To be able to use the Epson XP-970 you will have to complete the first-time printer setup. To complete this, you will have to follow a series of instructions. After the physical setup is complete, an Epson XP-970 driver will have to be downloaded. Following this, the Epson XP-970 installation will have to be completed. The final step that is to be followed to complete the full Epson XP-970 printer setup, is to connect the printer to a network connection.
The instructions are simple and can be followed easily. But, if you are running out of time and need assistance, call our team of experts to complete the setup, download and installation and establish a network connection.
The Epson XP-970 printer will endure issues sometimes and troubleshooting is necessary. At this point, connect with us and we will see the process through the end.
Epson XP-970 First Time Printer Setup
Here is the first step that is to be followed to complete the first-time setup of the Epson XP-970 printer
- Take the Epson XP-970 printer out of the box and place it in a safe spot.
- Ensure that the printer is kept on a spot that is close to the device and the router.
- Now, remove all the material that is wrapped in the printer.
- Connect the Epson XP-970 to a power supply using the power cord.
- Following this, insert the cartridges through the access doors.
- Fill up the paper feeding tray with a bunch of fresh paper.
Epson XP-970 Driver Download
After the initial setup is complete, you should download and install the Epson XP 970 printer driver. All that is needed to be done is to go over to the official website, download the driver and set it up. Details of the printer should be shared and the right operating system should be chosen. Following this, the on-screen instructions should be followed.
Epson XP-970 driver-Windows
Complete the steps below to help download and install the Epson XP-970 driver on a Windows device
- After the first-time physical set-up is done, complete the next step of downloading the driver.
- For this, open the Epson Support website – epson.ca/support/xp970 on the device.
- Key in details of the printer such as the name – Epson XP-970 and the operating system – Windows OS.
- Following this, a list of drivers will appear. Select the all-in-one Epson XP-970 driver preferably.
- Then, begin the download. The file will be automatically saved in the download folder.
- Locate the file and run it to begin the Epson XP-970 installation.
- Follow all the instructions on the screen as they pop up.
- Last, of all, you will need to connect the printer to a wireless connection.
Epson XP 970 Driver Installation for Mac
- After the printer is set and powered up, turn on the Mac device.
- Open the preferred browser on the Mac and proceed to the Epson Support Website.
- Enter the details as prompted on the screen to get relevant drivers.
- The information that should be entered will be the model of the printer – Epson XP-970 and the operating system – Mac OS.
- Following this, choose an all-in-one printer and initiate the download.
- The downloaded file can be located in the download bar or folder.
- Begin the installation by double-clicking the file.
- With the installation initiated, proceed to follow all the onscreen instructions.
- The last action that should be taken is to connect the Epson XP-970 printer to a network connection.
Epson XP-970 Wireless Setup
The printer always needs the wired or wireless connection method to connect with the computer or laptop. We are here to guide you with the printer connection setup.
Connect Epson XP 970 Printer to Wi-Fi
Complete the final step if connecting the Epson XP-970 printer to a network.
- With the printer powered up and the installation complete, connect the printer to a wireless network.
- For this process to take place properly, make sure the network connection is active and stable.
- Make a note of the Wifi credentials as well before you go ahead with the next step.
- During the installation, you will be prompted to connect to a wireless connection.
- Choose the desired network connection, enter the credentials and connect it.
- If not, move over to the Epson XP-970 printer’s display and choose the wireless icon.
- Follow the instructions for the Wireless Setup Wizard and enter the password.
- In a few seconds, the connection will be established.
- Give the Epson XP-970 a test print to ensure that it is connected properly.
Connect Epson XP 970 Printer to Router
Another option of connecting the printer to a wireless network without the wireless credentials is by using the WPS Pushbutton method.
- With the Epson XP-970 printer powered up and a stable network connection, you can begin.
- The first step is to locate the WPS button on the printer.
- Do the same on the WiFi router as well. Locate the WPS button.
- On locating both the buttons, press and hold them at the same time.
- You will notice that the light will begin to flash on both devices.
- This indicates it is trying to connect.
- Give it a few minutes and the connection will take place.
- Repeat the process if needed until the connection takes place.
- In case the printer shows offline error after connecting to a router, follow the Epson XP-970 Troubleshooting instruction to resolve the issues.
Get in touch with the Customer Support team to assist in the complete setup of the EPSON printer.
Epson XP 970 Connect Printer setup Utility
The instruction below will assist in the installation of a Utility driver. The instructions to download an all-in-one printer has been mentioned as well. But, if you prefer to connect the printer features using a specific driver follow below.
Epson XP 970 Scan Utility
- Switch on the Epson XP-970 and the Windows or Mac device.
- Now, open the web browser and key in the details of the Epson website.
- Following this, key in the details of the printer and OS.
- The details for the following are Epson XP-970 and Mac OS or Windows OS.
- A list of drivers appear, choose the Scan Utility driver.
- This features only the requirement for Epson XP-970 Scan.
- Download and proceed to install the Scan Utility driver.
- Once the installation is complete choose the Scan option and proceed to use it.
Epson XP 970 Fax Utility
- With the Epson printer and the device powered up, begin the process.
- On the device, either Mac or Windows, key in the Epson Support Page.
- Then proceed to download the Epson XP-970 Fax Utility.
- Enter the details of the printer model and OS.
- The details are Epson XP-970 and Windows OS or Mac OS.
- Choose the Fax Utility from the list and download it.
- Run the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the instructions.
- After the installation is done, open the file.
- Take a test by clicking the Fax option from the tab.
Epson Event Manager Software XP 970
The Epson Event Manager Software is the option added by Epson to ensure that the process of scanning documents is made easy. All that should be done is the download and the installation of the Epson Event Manager Software XP-970. With this, scanning can take place with the touch of a button.
How do I install Epson Event Manager Software XP 970
- Open the Epson Support page from the web browser on the Windows device or the Mac device.
- Make sure the Epson XP-970 printer is powered up meanwhile
- Then, on the Epson website, enter the details of the printer.
- The details that should be entered are Epson XP-970 and Windows OS or Mac OS.
- From the list, select the Epson Event Manager Software XP 970, download and install the software.
- After the installation, restart the devices and then launch the software.
- Now, click on programs on the device and double-click it.
- Open the device’s control panel. There select Printers and Devices. Click on properties and then Events.
- Choose Scan and then Apply. Scanning can now take place with the touch of a button.