Epson WorkForce Pro WF-3733 Troubleshooting
An error or an issue is inevitable with a printer. But the quality of a printer can be measured in the efficiency in rectifying the issue and the method of removing it. The steps mentioned below will assist in the process of removing all issues and making sure that the printer will be up and running in no time.
Epson WorkForce Pro WF-3733 Won’t connect to Wi-Fi
- First, ensure that there is an active wireless connection.
- Ensure that it is stable and there are no issues with the router. Try and connect it to another device to be sure.
- Check the speed and rectify it if it is slow.
- If the issue continues to prevail, restart the router and the printer and turn it back on after a few minutes.
- Check if the Epson WF 3733 printer is connecting again. Complete a quick check and make sure the drivers are updated. Check the device as well to ensure that it is on the latest updated software.
- Connect it back and check. If the issue continues to persist, uninstall it and complete the full download and installation of the driver.
Why Epson WF 3733 shows offline and how to solve?
- Ensure that all cables connecting the Epson printer and the device are connected.
- Make sure that the Epson WF 3733 printer is set as the default printer. If it is not, make the changes.
- Check if the installed driver is updated. If not, ensure that is updated.
- Check if the device is also updated. If it is not, update it immediately.
- Do a few physical checks. Check the nozzles for blockage and make sure the paper is inserted correctly.
- Or you can complete the full setup of the printer.
- Uninstall the driver application and reinstall the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-3733 driver.
Epson WorkForce Pro WF-3733 Won’t Print black
- Ensure that there is sufficient ink in the cartridges. Replace them if needed.
- Check the printer head. Service it to remove any issues that could have occurred.
- Check if the driver is updated. If it is not, ensure that it is updated immediately.
- Do the same check for the device as well. Ensure that the device is updated with the latest software.
- Check the quality of the paper. Ensure that the quality of the paper is good.
Epson WorkForce Pro WF-3733 not Printing Color
- Check the cartridge. Make sure that the ink is sufficient. Replace it if needed.
- Ensure that the paper is not crumbled and is of good quality.
- Ensure the driver is updated. If it is not, go over to the Epson website and download the updated driver.
- Do the same with the device. The device should be updated. If it is not, then update the device as well with the latest updated software.
- You also have the option of uninstalling the printer and completing the full setup.
Epson WF 3733 Printing and Copying Problem
- First, check if there is an alert that is displayed on the screen.
- If yes, sort out the alert.
- The paper that is used should be of good and high quality.
- Check if the printer start-up mode is Automatic.
- If not, open the Service app on the device, locate Printer Spooler, right-click and change it to Automatic.
- Update the driver if needed. If there are no changes, uninstall it and install the driver once again.
Epson WF 3733 Paper Feeding Problem
- Check if there are any alerts on the display. If there are rectify the alerts first.
- Ensure that the paper used is not damp or crumpled.
- The quality of the paper should be of a high standard to match the quality of the printer.
- Check if there is any jam in the printer. Remove the paper. You should also check for any bits of paper that could have been left behind while removing the paper.
- Replace the full ream of paper and replace it.
Should you face any issues further with the printer, you have the option of getting in touch with the experts and rectify the issues with your Epson WF 3733 printer.